28 September 2008

...Seriously?...

So, for the past week and a half I've been feeling horrid. Weak and aching body, extreme exhaustion, shaking, terrible nausea and gagging at random moments. I've been pretty useless and I thank God I have Jim as a husband. He's been so understanding and helpful the past few days, as I've progressively seemed to get worse.

The night before my appointment with the Midwife office I started feeling a sudden sharp pain in my left side towards my back. I started freaking out to myself (cause everyone was asleep) because I did NOT want it to be a kidney issue arising. After situating myself about 5 more times I was finally able to go to sleep. That next day when I was speaking to the nurse and she warned me how bad my kidney issues may be this time around, I just shoke my head but for some reason did not mention my pain the night before? Guess I shrugged it off since it had gone away.

Sporatically I've had the pain, but nothing serious. The most I had in reguards to it up until a few hours ago was that I couldnt lay on my left side at all. Even feeding Kadence for a nap earlier, I was almost in tears. She prefers that side to fall asleep and I was so uncomfortable, it was almost unbearable. Then I fell asleep too. After about an hours worth of sleep, I woke up and rolled out of bed and almost hit the floor. No doubt in my mind, its my left kidney. Immediately I sent Jim out to get me cranberry juice and 7up. I only pray I can fix this in time with home remedies, but its highly unlikely considering my symptoms.

Why do I do this every time? You think I would know the symptoms by now. It fools you so much though, and I always relate it to a pregnancy problem because thats when my kidney problems are worse! Last time I was throwing up from the pain and over the span of four hours I was hospital ridden. Pray that I dont end up in the ER!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if corn silk tabs would help with that. I take them for UTIs or if I even think I'm getting one. I've yet to have to see a doc about a UTI since I discovered the corn silk.