26 September 2008

...The wait begins...

I dont know what to think at this point. It's all very weird, and up in the air.

First, we spoke about my bleeding issues. She seemed concerned that I had bright red blood, and not a darkish color. I told her I had not passed anything though, so I didnt believe I'd had a miscarriage. She told me then that she wanted to take HCG levels just to be safe.

Second, she looked for a heartbeat. No success, after about 15 minutes of trying and two nurses. She went on to tell me that good case scenario is the baby just likes to run away from the doppler. Bad case scenario is something could be wrong. The baby could not be growing at a proper rate, putting me at risk for a future miscarriage, or it may have already passed away inside utero.

Third, she took my normal OB bloodwork and my HCG levels. I go back in on Monday for my second level check so they can compare them. If I dont hear back from them by mid-week I am in the clear. Thankfully, I have my ultrasound scheduled on October 6th. She looked and tried to get me in sooner, but had no success.

So now it's just a waiting game. Please pray everything is alright.

3 comments:

Erica said...

I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this. I will keep you in my prayers that everything is ok with your baby.

Kiera said...

Prayers being sent hun.... ((((HUGS))))

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry hun, I hope things turn out okay for you guys. I'll keep you in my thoughts.