10 December 2008

Tummy Virus 2008

Yeah, so much for updating as often as I wanted to =X

On Friday I heard from my Midwife. She said I am severely anemic and that she was concerned about my white blood cell count. Apparently it was pretty low too, and she couldnt figure out why. She recommended that I stay at home, avoid sick people at all costs, and rest until she could run a few more tests and get more results back.

So...I'm an idiot. I big idiot. I must think I am invincible or something. Saturday I got the brilliant idea to hit up the Toys R Us sale with Jimmy because it was the same as Black Fridays and I wanted to do more Xmas sale shopping for the kids. I was determined to, actually. So off we went and got a few great things, but was it really worth it?

I also started my new meds Saturday that my Midwife sent in for me on Friday (got them late due to insurance B.S.). Sunday morning I woke up feeling miserable. I was extremely dizzy, like when you have the spins after drinking too much, throughout the entire day. I was terribly nauseous and even though my body was weak I couldnt sleep for the life of me! Then I looked at the side effects for my meds and they said that a few of those were normal, the dizziness was not. So I decided to call on Monday and discuss it with my Midwife.

Still feeling crappy through Monday, like someone beat the crap out of me and I was gonna ralf because of it, I go to get Ethan from school. Turns out he threw up 5 minutes before the bell rang. Great! Get him home, showered, and changed and instantly I got sick. All I needed was an excuse to lose my cookies. Thus became Tummy Virus 2008 in our household...all because I had to hit the Toys R Us sale. I do blame myself, because it is all too ironic and nobody else in Ethan's class is sick =(

Now I am down another four pounds because of the last few days. Yesterday I was determined to eat soup and pretzels, but that didnt even budge my weight. I'm really upset. I dont know what to do at this point. Jimmy keeps commenting about my weight and I just seriously hate this!!!!

My Midwife is gonna be so mad that I didnt listen to her, and that I lost more weight because of it =( I feel like the worst mom ever right now.

No comments: