05 January 2009

...Horrid teeth issues...

So other than my OWN health issues, I think this pregnancy has gone rather smoothly. I had the bleed in my uterus which caused me problems in the beginning, but it healed up nicely according to my ultrasound. Now I have tooth problems, which are slowly but surely getting taken care of.

It has been the worst two and a half weeks of my life, let me tell you what. I never in my entire life have endured the kind of pain that I have experienced the past few weeks. First my top left molar started causing me problems because a root/nerve started showing. I cracked the tooth early in my pregnancy with K and figured I could just deal with it. Now, about a year later, I'm definitely dealing with it but not like I'd hoped! The pain from the nerve/root just showing was unbearable. Even if nothing touched it, it shot radiating pain through the entire front of my face. Not ever having to deal with this before, and suffering so badly sinus wise, I began to cry. Then I cried when it came again 15 minutes later. And again when it hit 20 minutes later. Then the pain came again every 15 minutes for 16 straight hours. My face was swollen, I was unable to barely move from dealing with the pain so many times, and I seriously thought I was going to die. Jim had no idea what to do. Since we thought I didnt have dental insurance he began to call around to dentists and find out how much we were going to need to fork out so that I could just get the tooth pulled. Luckily, since I was up the ENTIRE night I was able to research my current insurance and found that I do have a dentist! The hard part? Getting in...

A few days before Xmas eve my pain from the left top went away. I was so relieved, but it wasnt over. There was a very odd smell coming from the tooth and it was overly swollen. I could barely open or close my mouth. Thinking I could deal with that, whatev, I tried to finally get some sleep. WRONG!! That night my lower right tooth began to start up because I've been having to eat on that side. This is a tooth that cracked after I had K. It cracked way worse than the other though, leaving a pretty big hole. Now it had an exposed root/nerve and I began to deal with that tooth while having a swollen other side of the face. WTF!!!

Finally, after not sleeping for an entire week and barely eating, on Christmas Eve I got into the dentist. She glanced at it and said I had two abcessed teeth and put me on antibiotics. Then told me that one could be saved, but she recommends I get both pulled immediately. I chicken out and tell her that I need to think about it. BAD IDEA. One more week of hell coming up... Needless to say I finally decided it was time!

Last Friday, two weeks and one day after all of this started, I finally get in to see a dentist who will pull my teeth but will only do one at a time. I chose the badly infected one to go first, since it may get to the baby (even though I'm almost done with my antibiotics). Now that tooth is gone, but the other tooth is my nightmare pain tooth. So I'm trying to heal, while dealing with horrific pain still. I can go in after two weeks and get the other one pulled.

I never want to deal with this crap again. I hate teeth. I havent eating right in MONTHS because of all the f*cked up shit going on constantly. I'm so absolutely miserable. I'm a walking robot. I want to see nobody. I want to talk to nobody. I want to just disappear and heal. I cant take this anymore =(

No comments: